Sunday, September 12, 2010

Praise for Bridget's Beret

I thought a nice weekend feature would be to just mention a picture book that I have read recently that I would recommend to folks (because I'm reading a LOT of picture books trying to learn more about them).  I checked "Bridget's Beret" out from the library last week and I can't stop thinking about it.  It is written and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld.  This book is so totally charming, I can't get over it.  It is funny, the illustrations add so much to the story, it is educational (both in styles of hats and art), and it is a sweet story about a little girl that isn't so sweet it puts you into a diabetic coma.

I enjoyed this book so much, I'm adding it to my shopping list and I even looked up Mr. Lichtenheld on-line.  His blog is here.

As a side note, I also got "Shark vs. Train" on that same library run.  Tom Lichtenheld illustrated that book as well and it is also totally worth the read.  My boys loved it!  It was written by Chris Barton and is clever and funny and a perfect book for an afternoon story time.  Mr. Barton's blog is here.

P.S.  I'm not planning on reviewing books at this time.   I just wanted to offer some recommendations in case you are looking for a good book to pick up for your kids.  Just a friendly word-of-mouth (or word-of-blog, I suppose) sort of thing.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment