I'm taking a break from "My ABCs of Inspiration" for Picture Book Idea Month (PiBoIdMo) to get my usual weekend recommendation up and also to thank Erica & Christy who have given me two blog awards this week!
First, the weekend recommendation is actually three recommendations. I finally got around to reading all of the Knuffle Bunny books by Mo Willems. I'm sure many of you already know these books because they are very popular and now I know why! I think they are just completely charming. So if you are seven years behind the times, like me, go find Knuffle Bunny. And if you are only four years behind, find Knuffle Bunny Too. And if you are just a few months behind, find Knuffle Bunny Free. All worth it!
Erica and Christy passed on the Lovely Blogger Award and the Versatile Blogger Award to me. The Lovely Blogger Award can be seen down on my sidebar and I'll be adding the Versatile Blogger down there too. Part of the Versatile Blogger one is to share seven things about yourself, so here goes:
1. I'm fairly certain that 75% of my caloric intake has been candy-related since Halloween.
2. I got my hair cut this past Tuesday and I think I got 10 pounds lighter, so the candy thing is all going to balance out in the end.
3. I make excellent chicken noodle soup in the winter.
4. I spoke in French once to a docent at the Louvre and thought I was the coolest thing to walk the earth.
5. I have a fierce love of office supplies. Is there anything better than brand new folders and highlighters?
6. I secretly believe I'm going to win the lottery some day.
7. I never buy lotto tickets, so I'm not sure how this will happen.
And now to pass this award on (I already passed on the Lovely Blogger before, so I'm just passing on the Versatile Blogger award)! If you get it, you are supposed to reveal seven things about yourself, link back to my blog, and pass it on to a bunch of folks (I think the original number was 15, but I don't have that kind of time!!). Here are some of the blogs I frequent and enjoy:
Write Up My Life
Have a Marlis Day!
Thing 1 and Thing 2
Writing for Kids (While Raising Them)