Saturday, February 5, 2011

I've Joined the Crusade Again!

You may remember last year when I participated in Rachael Harrie's "Writers' Platform Building Crusade."  It was so much fun and so helpful, that I've taken up the banner again for her second crusade!

Rachael had the brilliant idea of getting writers to support each other's blogging efforts.  Last time, 55 writers signed up and we participated in challenges, promoted each other's blogs, visited those blogs, commented on those blogs, and many of us became friends.  I admit I wasn't as good about checking out blogs toward the end of the crusade, but I got a little overwhelmed.  This year Rachael has thought of that and will breaking people into smaller groups (although large group participation is encouraged as well).  But this time, if you want to get to know more picture book writers, you can be in a picture book group.  Or YA writers in a YA group and so on.

But before I get carried away, you have to sign up!  If you are a blogger/writer, consider joining this great "pay it forward" movement.

Click here and check it out!  C'mon!  All the cool kids are doing it.  And me too!  Ha!

(My "Weekend Recommendation" will be back next weekend!)

18 comments:

  1. Great that you're doing it again, Megan. I jumped back on the bandwagon, too! :) I'm especially excited for the challenges, they were so fun last time!

    And no worries, last Crusade I began to slack with the comments and such as time went on, but I'm determined to be better this time around. New year = blog resolutions, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, so glad you're coming back on board Megan! I'm really excited to get it all going again :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow crusader :)

    Write well. Write often.

    Chenoa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Megan! I'm excited that the age groups are going to be divvied up this time. Thanks for announcing it. Also, I love your new subtitle/description for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the announcement. Also love your new banner subtitle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan (from a fellow crusader!)

    What genre do you write?

    and thanks for the heads up on the Super-Snooper blogfest :)

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! Bring on the next crusade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there- I'm all ready to go. Glad to meet you- I'm over from the crusaders list! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there! I jumped on board this year with the crusade. Sounds like we'll have a lot of fun :) Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm a fellow crusader, and I look forward to stopping by from time-to-time. We have redheads in our family too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all my fellow crusaders stopping by already! Welcome everyone! Can't wait to get around to everyone and meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there:) I'm a fellow crusader, it's nice to meet you! Your friends blogfest sounds neat. I will have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi fellow crusader! I actually think I have my profile set up right instead of sending people to my blank/old blog which makes me look like such a loser :(

    If not, it's www.whimsywritingandreading.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I'm a fellow crusader!***waves*** Nice to "virtually" meet you!
    Dare to Follow Your Heart

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Megan - thanks for posting about this! I had never heard of it, but now I'm on board too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Megan. I'm a fellow Crusder just clicking around to see everyone's sites. Yours is great. I love that curly little red head's hair! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete