Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekend Recommendation

Happy weekend, everybody!

I've been on a cleaning rampage all morning and almost forgot to post my weekend recommendation!  The horror!

This week, I'm going with a book we got out from the library, but I'm going to have to add to our Christmas list.  My three year old LOVES it and wants me to read it to him constantly.  I see a renewal in our future!  It is Chicken Big, written and illustrated by Keith Graves.  One thing I totally love about reading this book out loud is that it gives you the opportunity to stretch your acting muscles and get into the characters as you read.  Lots of fun!

6 comments:

  1. hmmn I'll go check it out for my toddler i am becoming tired of reading chica chica abc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, interested about your comment re reading aloud. I do this for my books before publishing, but I have to 'pretend' my audience and hope for the best. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya, Joanna!

    Carole - I love a good read-aloud book that allows me to be silly when I read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Chicken Big yet. Love the title and cover! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds cool, thanks for the tip off Megan.

    There's an award for you on my blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title makes me think of Leslie Helakoski's Big Chickens.

    ReplyDelete