Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekend Recommendation #8

Hey there!  Today is the day to sign up for PiBoIdMo if you are going to do it!  And really, why wouldn't you?  Click on over and sign right up!

On to my recommendation for the week!

I think this week I'm going to recommend a few that you can probably only find second-hand or at your library.  Earlier this week I mentioned that I collect Parents Magazine Press books and, sadly, they are no long around.  But if you ever come across them my top five Parents Magazine Press (in no particular order) books are:

1.  "Popcorn" by Frank Asch
2.  "Pets I Wouldn't Pick" by Susan A. Schmeltz, illustrated by Ellen Appleby
3.  "The Man Who Cooked For Himself" by Phyllis Krasilovsky, illustrated by Mamoru Funai
4.  "Dirty Feet" by Steven Kroll, illustrated by Toni Hormann
5.  "Miss Mopp's Lucky Day" by Leslie McGuire

This is just a small sampling of the many books I just LOVED as a little girl.  If you find any Parents books, pick them up!

1 comment: