Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weekend Recommendation

Sorry to get this up a little late this weekend!  We had internet trouble this morning, so I have an excuse, really I do!

On to the recommendation though!  I'm going to go with The Cow Loves Cookies written by Karma Wilson (of Bear Snores On fame) and illustrated by Marcellus Hall.  I adore Karma's rhyming schemes and this book does not disappoint.  I find her books a joy to read out loud.  I never trip over words or meter.  The story is adorable as well.  My boys had a great time yelling "COOKIES" every time I would say "but the cow loves...".  All around fun!

4 comments:

  1. I think you're allowed to get up late on Saturdays... I'm sure that applies to your blog, too. :) This book sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, sounds too good! (and yummy...) I have Marcellus Hall's book, Because You Are My Baby, written by Sherry North. I love Hall's illustrations! And of course my library does not own a copy of this book. Awww, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good, I'm surprised i haven't come across it in the library. One of my favourite authors too. Thanks Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :0) thanks for the recommended read! i have two boys at home and know this would be fun! and thanks for the comments on our blog. i didn't realize getting agents for pic books was more difficult than other genres (prob cuz i'm not writing one). but, best of luck in your search! christy

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget